Military Academy Nominations
The application window is now officially OPEN. Applications are due Friday, November 4th, 2022, 5 p.m. PST. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email that your application packet is complete, or a request for additional information should it be necessary. Interviews are expected to take place virtually on the first or second weekend of December 2022. You will receive an email with the exact date and time of your interview after the application window is closed.
A complete application packet must include the following:
- Table of contents (4 copies)
- Application form - Generated from the form below (4 copies)
- Current Photo (4 copies)
- High school transcript (4 copies)
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results (4 copies)
- Resume of extracurricular activities (4 copies)
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less) (4 copies)
- An essay describing a challenging experience you overcame (500 words or less) (4 copies)
- Maximum of three letters of recommendation (4 copies)
- For a sample application form please see attachment: Sample Application.pdf
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination, you may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congresswoman Eshoo may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.