Eshoo Votes to Advance Transformative Budget Resolution
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today U.S. Rep. Anna G. Eshoo (CA-18) voted for S.Con.Res. 14, Advancing the Build Back Better Plan. The House passage of this budget resolution is the first critical step needed to proceed with the enactment of President Biden’s Build Back Better Plan.
“Today the House took the first critically important step to advance President Biden’s Build Back Better Plan by passing a budget resolution that instructs 13 House committees to write specific legislation on expanding Medicare, childcare, clean energy, and financial security for the American people. The resolution also sets a hard deadline of September 27th to pass the bipartisan infrastructure package passed by the Senate earlier this month,” said Rep. Eshoo. “As Chairwoman of the Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee, I look forward to working on this legislation in Committee to make long overdue investments in America’s future.”
A Brief Overview of the Build Back Better Plan
Lowers Costs for Americans
- The Build Back Better Plan will cut costs for the things that keep Americans up at night –child care, the price of medicines, home care, and the cost of college. For the first time, seniors will have Medicare coverage for hearing aids, glasses and dental care, and families will have paid medical leave when they need it.
Cuts Taxes for American Families
- In addition to the tax cut 40 million families have already received through the Child Tax Credit, the Build Back Plan makes the Child Tax Credit permanent, delivering one of the largest tax cuts for American families ever.
Creates Millions of Jobs
- The Build Back Better plan includes historic investments in clean technologies that will create 2 million jobs each year over the next decade. The plan also includes transformative investments in women and families – including child care, paid leave, home-based care and universal free pre-K – that will unlock the full economic potential of parents in the workforce.
Tackles the Climate Crisis
- The Build Back Better Plan addresses the climate crisis head-on through critical policies and incentives that will reduce U.S. carbon emissions 50 percent by 2030.
Paid for by the Wealthy Paying Their Fair Share
- The Build Back Better Plan will deliver this progress for families and the middle class by ensuring that the wealthiest and big corporations pay their fair share. No one making under $400,000 will see an increase in their taxes from this bill. Instead, families will see massive tax cuts.