U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine
On February 24th Vladimir Putin ordered a full-scale invasion of Ukraine by land, sea, and air, triggering the worst security crisis in Europe since World War II. Russia’s unprovoked assault on Ukraine is an attack on democracy and a grave violation of human rights and international law.
Congresswoman Eshoo has voted for every bill to provide security assistance to Ukraine as they defend their democracy, and will continue to. Since Russia began amassing troops along the Ukrainian border last year, the U.S. has provided approximately $5.3 billion in security assistance to Ukraine, including the following weapons and military equipment:
- Over 25,500 anti-tank weapons
- 1,400 anti-aircraft missiles
- Over 700 armed drones
- Over 7,000 small arms
- Over 50 million rounds of small arms ammunition
- 108 howitzer cannons and over 220,000 artillery rounds
- Over 400 armored vehicles
- 20 military helicopters
- Three patrol boats
- 55,000 sets of body armor
- 55,000 helmets
- Tactical secure communications systems
- Commercial satellite imagery services
- Counter-artillery and air surveillance radar systems
- Chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear protective equipment
- Medical supplies
Much of the funding for this equipment has come from two emergency aid packages that Rep. Eshoo voted for and President Biden signed into law. Taken together, these packages provided approximately $54 billion in military aid, humanitarian assistance for displaced Ukrainians, and funding to address the worldwide hunger crisis stemming from Putin’s invasion.
As Russia continues its brutal onslaught against Ukraine, Rep. Eshoo remains deeply committed to providing maximum U.S. support for Ukraine with robust security assistance, lifesaving humanitarian aid, and crippling sanctions on the Putin regime.